Bottle recycling plays an integral part in the environmental fight against waste (green) in our country. Bottled to bottle recycling reduces waste and has a positive environmental impact on the global cycle. Recycling bottles can help reduce landfill wastes, improve water quality by reducing stormwater run-off, and save money on fuel and utility bills by reducing household use of plastics. The practice is easy and inexpensive for everyone; it takes a little thought and initiative to make it work. Here are five ways that you can recycle that bottle for bottle recycling:
* If you have curbside recycling centres, let your local government know that you prefer bottle recycling. Most facilities do and ask them to provide particular bins that hold plastics. These will be great places to pick up empty or used bottles. In most cases, these bottles will not be thrown away, and instead, they will be recycled and then reused for future use.
* There are many different recycled bottles, including glass, polycarbonate, aluminium, stainless steel, tin, and copper. Recycle all of these bottles, even the ones that do not contain glass or tin. The recyclable glass will not break down as quickly as other materials and can be melted and made into windows. Aluminium bottles can be melted and sold as fuel for cars. Bottles with nickel-silver linings contain lead that can be severely toxic to children and pets.
* There are many types of recyclable material available in the United States, including paper, glass, tin, steel, plastic, cork, and cornstarch. You can mail these items to the United States Post Office or place them in curbside bins in your community. If you live in a city, contact your city government and ask to place a collection container out on your street. Some cities allow residents to have free access to curbside bins. For those who do not live in a city, you will have to find your way to get these materials to the recycling facility. Those who want to recycle may contact their city government or call a recycling hotline for more information.
* The recycling rates for plastic bottles are very high throughout the North American region. Europe has a much higher recycling rate for plastic bottles. It is because the North American region does not experience the same amount of pollution as Europe. It is also possible to drive through many areas of North America and see recycling programs going on. It helps to lower the recovery rate of plastics in landfills. It also makes it easier for people in the area to reuse these materials instead of throwing them away.
* Recycling programs for glass bottles at a bottle recycling warehouse are starting to take off in North America. Many companies are now building facilities that will allow businesses and homes to recycle glass bottles instead of buying them from the store. If you live in an area that does not have a recycling program, you may want to consider bringing your glass bottles to these recycling centres. You will be able to separate your glass from the cardboard and aluminium already in the recycling process and take it home with you to recycle. Some recycling centres will accept just glass bottles and leave the rest of the container behind.
* Glass and plastic bottle recycling programs are available in more areas. However, if you live in an area without a recycling program in place, you may want to consider bringing your reusable water bottle or soft drink bottle. You can even bring your empty pet carrier back and replace the straps so that they can be used again. Many people turn their pet carriers over at animal shelters, and with the price of a water or pet food bottle on the rise, this is a brilliant idea. You can recycle your pet’s bottle and save the animal.